HOW CAN I ADD MY PUBLIC SSH KEY IN AN EXISTING VM?
If you have access to your VM, you can issue the following commands to its terminal:
mkdir -p ~/.ssh echo <public key contents> >> ~/.ssh/authorized_keys chmod 0600 ~/.ssh/authorized_keys
The above commands will create an ssh directory, if it does not exist, append the contents of your public key to the authorized_keys file and then apply the correct permissions.
The <public key contents> can be the contents of the public key that you have stored on your home PC or laptop, or a key that you have uploaded in ~okeanos global. In the later case, you can view it by visiting the SSH keys tab in the Cyclades page and clicking on the appropriate "Public key" button.
- Can I modify the technical specifications of an already created VM?
- How can I recover my data from a VM that has been destroyed? Is there any way to restore my VM back to its previous state?
- If I disconnect from my account, do my Virtual Machines stop working?
- Why does my VM's image show up as "Deleted" in its details?
- Why was my VM deleted?
- What is the username and password of my VM?
- Can I change the provided domain name of my VM?
- How can I connect to the Windows/Linux VM that I have created?
- How can I access all my VMs using one public IP?
- Why X2Go does not work when trying to connect to my VM?
- Why X2Go does not work on MacOS X?
- Is there a way of creating a local network using my Virtual Machines?
- Is it possible to create a local network between Virtual Machines that have been created by different users?
- In which case would I need to connect to my VM through the console?
- My Windows machine is "Running" but I cannot connect to it.
- My VM does not seem to have a network adapter, even though it is connected to a network.
- My VM does not have a floating IP, even though Cyclades report so.
- My VM does not work properly with IPv6.
- I'm getting confused about IPv4/IPv6, floating IPs and hot-plugging. Can you provide a simple explanation for all these?
- Can I shutdown/reboot my VM internally?
- Why is port X closed? Is it blocked by design?
- How can I add my public SSH key in an existing VM?