WHAT IS ~OKEANOS GLOBAL?
~okeanos global is GRNET's cloud service for the Research and Academic Community. It consists of "cyclades" and "pithos+". The "cyclades" service enables users to create virtual machines that are connected to the Internet and also have the desired technical specifications. Within few minutes, the user can choose the operating system, the processing power, and the size of RAM memory that the virtual machine will be built with. The users are also able to connect their virtual machines through local virtual networks. The "pithos+" service provides storage in the cloud with immediate access to the data from everywhere. It also serves as storage for the needs that the virtual machines might have.
- What is ~okeanos global?
- Who will be able to have access to the ~okeanos global service?
- Why should I use ~okeanos global? In what ways this service benefits me?
- What about the software I can install and use with my VMs?
- I have registered with the service but no confirmation mail has been sent to me yet.
- Where should I ask for help about problems I encounter with my virtual machines or with my account?
- Is there a trial version of ~okeanos global for non-eduGAIN users?
- How long will the resources last?
- What web browser should I use to access the ~okeanos global service?
- What are the requirements for my computer in order to use ~okeanos global?
- What Operating Systems are available to install on my VMs?
- What factors affect the performance of the Virtual Machines?
- Does ~okeanos global support nested virtualization?